Interested in pursuing a career at The Quaker School at Horsham?
Please review our open positions and their requirements:
Special Education Classroom Teacher The Quaker School at Horsham is looking for a High School Special Education teacher:
● The position will primarily focus on grades 9-12.
● Teach a homeroom of 7-10 students with complex challenges
● Collaboratively plan and deliver appropriate learning experiences for students with disabilities.
● Provide direct and indirect instructional support to students in a positive environment.
● Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of language, cognition and memory.
● Instruct students in academic subjects using a variety of techniques such as project-based learning, multi-sensory learning, differentiated instruction and repetition to reinforce learning and to meet students' varying needs and interests.
● Teach socially acceptable behavior and reinforce student’s social skills.
● Communicate with families.
● Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare reports on children.
● Have a joy of learning and working with children.
● Master’s degree in special education preferred
● Special education teaching and intervention experience preferred
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and a list of three references to email@example.com
Social Worker The Quaker School at Horsham (TQS) is seeking a full-time (10-month) social worker to provide comprehensive support services to students with complex disabilities.
● Address barriers while providing support so that students receive the full benefit of their educational experience.
● Assist students in facing behavioral and social challenges.
● Implement positive behavioral interventions in the classroom.
● Provide social skills education.
● Maintain ongoing relationships with community agencies and outside professionals.
● Case management for students and families requiring multiple resources.
● Create professional development programs for faculty.
● Recognize the need to spend time working in classrooms to understand how staff and students think and respond to social, behavioral and academic demands.
● Willing to learn to support students through Collaborative & Proactive Solutions©
● Assist students in crisis intervention.
● Comfortable working with students and families from diverse backgrounds.
Start Date: August 2020
Qualifications: Strong commitment to the mission of TQS and love of students with special needs. Master’s degree in Social Work required.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Behavioral Support Specialist The Quaker School at Horsham (TQS) is seeking a full-time, 10-month Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to provide comprehensive direct services to students with complex disabilities in a self-contained classroom. The BCBA will work in a team of four to support five students facing behavioral and social challenges. They will work directly with students, implement positive behavioral interventions in the classroom, provide social skills education, implement ABA based practices in one classroom and work collaboratively with the clinical services department. An ideal candidate will love working with children with autism and must have a background in working with students with autism. The candidate must have a strong commitment to the mission of TQS and to educating and nurturing students with special needs.
Start Date: August 2020
Requirements: BCBA or Licensed Behavior Specialist Consultant who has expertise and significant experience in ABA, has overseen ABA therapists and has worked in a school/classroom setting.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and list of three references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
1:1 Classroom Support Staff Member The Quaker School at Horsham is looking for a kindergarten through ninth grade 1:1 Classroom Support Staff member to:
· Support the academic and behavioral needs of one student within a classroom setting of 8-10 students with complex challenges.
· Deliver appropriate learning experiences for students with disabilities.
· Provide direct and indirect support to student in a positive environment.
· Employ special educational strategies and techniques to improve the development of behavioral and academic skills.
· Teach socially acceptable behavior and reinforce student’s social skills.
· Communicate with families.
· Maintain accurate and complete student data monitoring and prepare reports as requested.
· Have a joy of learning and working with children.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in special education preferred
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute teachers are needed for pre-first through ninth grade children with learning differences. Degree and some experience with children necessary, although current college students with education or special education majors will be considered. Rate is $14 per hour ($105 per diem.)
Applicants should supply the following materials and email them to email@example.com:
Cover letter, resume, a list of three references and all clearances.
No phone calls please.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Quaker School at Horsham (TQS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap/disability, citizenship, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law in its programs, activities or employment practices.