Arts & Athletics
Exploring Talents. Building Community.
The Quaker School’s Arts and Athletics programs not only help our students express their unique talents, but also create lasting friendships built on sportsmanship, collaboration and school spirit.
TQS ARTS PROGRAM
"You need three things in the theater – the play, the actors and the audience – and each must give something." – Kenneth Haigh
All students in grades 5-9 are given the opportunity to try out for the TQS Arts Program, and every student is included in a full-length stage performance each spring. This year’s production: Jack and the Giant Beanstalk.
In the program, students explore many aspects of the performing arts while developing self-discipline, teamwork and confidence speaking before an audience. This experience becomes a valuable tool in their lives.
Aside from singing, dancing, acting and playing musical instruments, students have the opportunity to learn about lighting techniques and sound equipment, how to be an integral member of a stage crew, and many other technical endeavors.
The Athletic Program teaches students about participation, character development, and other healthy habits that last a lifetime. Athletic opportunities include:
- Cross Country: Students learn to run distance races on trails that lead through woods and fields, and alongside brooks. In this beautiful setting, students discover endurance and determination while challenging themselves physically and mentally. TQS students run on our home course (1.4 miles) and at several other schools.
- Practice Time: Tuesday & Thursday, 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Cost: $25 (includes TQS jersey)
- Softball: Beginning in 5th grade, students can participate in the TQS Tornadoes Softball program, which teaches the basic strategies of the game and allows players to compete with neighboring private schools.
- Cost: $35 (includes equipment, officiating and t-shirt)
- Additional Needs: Pair of white or gray sweatpants or baseball pants, softball glove, and optional cleats with plastic spikes
Contact us to learn more about Arts and Athletics at TQS.