Strengthening Each Student’s Learning
The Quaker School knows that every child is different – in his or her skills, learning style, and social development.
That’s why we have built an expert team of professionals who provide all-encompassing support services for our student population and school families. These therapists work together and directly with your child to make sure that all students get the individual help they need.
SPEECH & OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
The TQS integrated model incorporates the benefits of speech and occupational therapy into every class.
Our school speech therapist and occupational therapist observe and support all TQS students. They assist students in the classroom, and provide teachers with strategies to use during the day across all settings. Both therapists also offer direct, one-to-one services for an additional fee.
Speech and Language Therapy Areas of Focus:
- Using correct language in the correct contexts
- Taking turns in conversation
- Putting thoughts into words and sentences
- Understanding language heard or read
- Using words to express an idea or a feeling
- Building expressive and receptive vocabulary
- Improving reading and listening comprehension
Occupational Therapy Areas of Focus:
- Improving sensory processing and self-regulation
- Enhancing fine and gross motor skills
- Utilizing and organizing desktop tools and equipment
- Promoting social interaction
- Develop handwriting and typing
- Maintaining correct posture during seated tasks
- Controlling energy and attention
- Transitioning between classes, lunch, recess and specials
Social and Emotional Support
We employ a full-time clinical social worker, who offers individual counseling sessions with students, support to the faculty and feedback to parents.
Areas of Focus:
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Peer emotional learning groups
- Classroom based social and emotional learning
- Social Development
- Internet safety
- Health instruction
- Positive age-appropriate communication
A neuropsychologist consults with us regularly, helping to develop our curriculum, consulting with our teachers on evidence-based best practices in special education, and assisting families with evaluations and referrals.
Areas of Focus:
- Reviewing and supporting all academic programs
- Working with teachers and providing recommendations on instruction
- Reviewing student progress and designing interventions
- Providing consultation to families
Learn more about our Support Services.
Contact us for additional information, or to take a tour of our school.